A Delegation from the University of Lille, France visited Gifu University
On Friday, September 8, 2023, the delegation from the University of Lille, France visited Gifu University. The following were the members of the delegation.
- Prof. Nil TOULOUSE, Vice President of International Affairs
- Prof. (MD) Didier GOSSET, Adviser to the President on International Prospects and University Ambassador
- Dr. Yann GUERARDEL, Director of the Institute for Structural and Functional Glycobiology (UGSF) and Designated Professor at Gifu University
- Dr. Kenji UCHIMURA, the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) Research Director
- Prof. Sophie GROUX-DEGROOTE, University of Lille
- Prof. Jean-Yves DIEULOT, Polytech-Lille
- Ms. Bénédicte GUILLEMIN, Service pour la Science et la Technologie, the French Embassy, Tokyo
- Mr. Jean-Batiste BORDES, Service pour la Science et la Technologie, the French Embassy, Tokyo
Since the conclusion of the exchange agreement in April 2020, Gifu University and the University of Lille have been actively engaged in student and faculty exchange. Prof. Nil TOULOUSE and the rest of delegates discussed future partnership with Gifu University with the board members (President YOSHIDA Kazuhiro, Vice President KAMBARA Shinji, Executive Director KOYAMA Hiroyuki of GU-GLOCAL, Professor HIRAMATSU Ken, Dean of the United Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Associate Professor SHIBAHARA Fumitoshi of the Faculty of Engineering, and Director of Student Affairs Department, Ms. NONOMURA Haruko). Launching of a new joint degree program (for PhD students) between the two universities was one of the important points for discussions among the attendees.
After the meeting with the board members, the delegation was invited to the Institute for Glyco-core Research (iGCORE) on campus and attended a lunch meeting and inspected research laboratories and units.
It is our strong hope that the latest visit by the delegation from the University of Lille can bolster the partnership, further promote research exchange, and accelerate internationalization of Gifu University and the University of Lille in the days to come.
- Internal links
- Original sites
- External links
- File links