Awarding Ceremony hosted by President and Vice President
On Monday, March 22, 2021, Gifu University held an awarding ceremony which was hosted by President and Vice President to honor students and one student circle for their excellent achievements in their extra-curricular activities.
First, President Hisataka Moriwaki presented certificates of commendation and commemorative gifts to the following three students:
- Mr. Shunya Chosokabe (1st year student, Department of Materials Science and Procession, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology) who won the MEXT Minister and Technology Awards at "Campus Venture Grand Prix (national level)" held on Friday, January 29, 2021.
- Ms. Rina Sawada (4th year student, Department of Chemistry and Biomolecular Science, Faculty of Engineering) who won the same award as Mr. Chosokabe's team member, and
- Ms. Nanako Nomura (3rd year student, Nursing Course, School of Medicine) who received "Screening Committee Special Award" at the same "Campus Venture Grand Prix."
President Hisataka Moriwaki lauded their achievements and said, "Gifu University is well known for its manufacturing technology. It is a great honor for us to know that these students' outstanding achievements also prove that our university has a strong advantage in the fields of creativity, planning, etc. as well. I hope that your latest awarding could inspire your juniors to follow in your footsteps in the days to come.
Second, Vice President Hirokazu Fukui (Planning, Academic Affairs, Evaluation and Fund) presented certificates and gifts to one students' circle and one student. They were:
- Environment Circle which won "CAS-Net JAPAN* Sustainable Campus Award 2020" (held on Saturday, November 14, 2020) for its successful implementation of "Biodiversity Conservation and Nature Restoration Project" for Bangaike Pond on campus.
- Ms. Ryoka Ando (4th year student, Technology Education Course, Training Course for School Teachers, Faculty of Education) who won the Chubu Region Institute for Social and Economic Research Special Award at "Campus Venture Grand Prix Chubu" held on Thursday, December 17, 2020.
Vice President Fukui made the following comment to praise their success; "Your great achievements are the source of pride for our university which I believe, could be attained only by your constant efforts. Please keep up your good work."
CAS-Net JAPAN*（Campus Sustainability Network in Japan）aims to contribute to more environmentally sustainable higher educational institutions, governmental institutions and private companies through promoting campus sustainability at Japanese universities and establishing cooperative relationships with campus sustainability networks overseas
Gifu University continues to support various student activities including extracurricular activities in spite of many challenges imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Internal links
- Original sites
- External links
- File links