University of Salamanca, Gifu Pharmaceutical University and Gifu University Joint Academic Symposium; "Cancer Research at the Forefront: Cancer Control"
Rector Ricardo Rivero Ortega and other delegates from University of Salamanca, Spain visited Gifu University on April 14, 2018 to attend the University of Salamanca, Gifu Pharmaceutical University and Gifu University Joint Academic Symposium of University of Salamanca 800th Anniversary Event at Gifu Fureai Plaza, Gifu.
The symposium was the first annual, regular symposium whose opening is stipulated on the Letter of Intent among University of Salamanca, Gifu Pharmaceutical University and Gifu University which was signed at University of Salamanca on November 9, 2017 when Gifu University delegation visited Spain.
The theme of the symposium was "Cancer Research at the Forefront: Cancer Control," and the symposium was moderated by Dr. Fumiaki Suzuki, Executive Director for International Affairs and Public Relations, and Vice President Hideaki Hara of Gifu Pharmaceutical University. Two or three speakers from the three universities made their research presentations in front of approximately 110 people.
The symposium began with the greetings by President Hisataka Moriwaki of Gifu University and Rector Rivero of University of Salamanca. The followings are the names of speakers and presentation titles:
- - Associate Professor Tasuku Hirayama, Laboratory of Pharmaceutical and Medical Chemistry, Gifu Pharmaceutical University
"Development of Various Fluorescent Probes for Detection of Ferrous Ion"
- - Lecturer Satoshi Endo, Laboratory of Biochemistry, Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, Gifu Pharmaceutical University
"Development of Multi-Target Drugs for Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer"
- - Specially-Appointed Professor Yukihiro Akao, United Graduate School of Drug Discovery and Medical Information Sciences, Gifu University
"Development of miRNA Medicine Against K-Ras Mutant Cancers"
- - Professor Takashi Mori, Joint Department of Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Applied Biological Sciences, Gifu University and Specially-Appointed Assistant Professor, Kazuki Heishima, United Graduate School of Drug Discovery and Medical Information Sciences, Gifu University
"Development of miRNA-based Therapeutics and Biomarkers Using Canine Spontaneous Tumor Model"
- - Dr. Xose R. Bustelo, Centro de Investigacion de Cancer (Universidad de Salamanca-CSIC (Centro Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas)), Universidad de Salamanca
"Genetic Identification and Validation of Rho GTPase Activators as Potential Therapeutic Targets in Cancer"
- - Dr. Jesus Maria Hernandez Rivas, IBSAL (Instituto de Investigacion Biomedica de Salamanca), Universidad de Salamanca
"HARMONY: the Big Data for Better Outcomes Project in Hematological Malignancies"
Question and Answer session began when all of the presentations were over. A lot of questions were raised from the audience and active exchange between the speakers and the participants followed. At the end of the symposium, President Takashi Inagaki of Gifu Pharmaceutical University gave a closing remark to wrap up the symposium.
The symposium gave everyone concerned an invaluable opportunity to develop trilateral partnership among three institutions particularly in specialized academic research fields. Gifu University remains committed to facilitate interdisciplinary activities in conjunction with Gifu Pharmaceutical University and University of Salamanca in medicine, pharmaceutical sciences and in any relevant academic fields for years to come.
- Internal links
- Original sites
- External links
- File links