The 8th Eco-Friendly Campaign Poster Award Ceremony
The 8th Eco-Friendly Campaign Poster Award Ceremony" was held at the Office of the President on December 5, 2018.
Gifu University and the Juroku Bank, Ltd. concluded the "Memorandum of Understanding on Partnership for Environment Conservation between Gifu University and the Juroku Bank, Ltd," and as part of the partnership activities, Gifu University sought "Eco-Friendly Campaign" posters from the students of Gifu University Faculty of Education-Affiliated Elementary School and Junior High School. The major objective of this campaign is to raise people's awareness of the environmental issues, and a lot of students sent their works to apply for the 8th Eco-Friendly Campaign Poster. After a rigorous screening, three golds, three silvers and six bronzes and three Jury's special awards were announced at the award ceremony.
The followings were in attendance at the ceremony:
- Mr. Goto, Director of the Management and Administration Division of the Juroku Bank, Ltd.
- Mr. Nagata, Vice Director of Business and Administration Affairs Group, the Juroku Bank, Ltd.
- President Hisataka Moriwaki of Gifu University
- Mr. Seiki Ofuji, Executive Director for General Affairs and Finance, Gifu University
- Mr. Yoshio Sumoto, Principal of Gifu University Faculty of Education-Affiliated Elementary and Junior High Schools
- Mr. Moritoshi Kumazaki, Vice Principal of Gifu University Faculty of Education-Affiliated Elementary School
- Mr. Yoshinaga Mori, Vice Principal of Gifu University Faculty of Education-Affiliated Junior High School
- Mr. Koji Aoki, Director of the Facility and Environmental Affairs Department, Gifu University
President Moriwaki handed out the award certificates to individual winners, and Mr. Goto gave small gifts to them. President Moriwaki said to the students, "Please keep on working hard to spread the conservation activities at school, at home and in your community." Mr. Goto followed him, "I strongly felt your passions from each poster toward the environmental protection and community activities. The posters made me realize how important it is to give considerations to others." Lastly, Mr. Sumoto commented that the school hopes to continue to address environmental issues and remain engaged in community activities with the awarding as a great motivation.
The posters of the winners are on display at the University Library and many local people already came to see them. The posters are also on display at the lobby of Juroku Bank Kano Branch from December 10 to 21, 2018.
It is our hope that this event will give people a chance to think more about the environment, and will further expand into various eco-friendly activities in the future.
Winners and Posters
Junior high school division 1
Elementary school division
Junior high school division 2