7th Eco-Friendly Campaign Poster Award Ceremony
7th Eco-Friendly Campaign Poster Award Ceremony" was held at the Office of the President on December 4, 2017.
Gifu University and the Juroku Bank, Ltd. concluded the "Memorandum of Understanding on Partnership for Environment Conservation between Gifu University and the Juroku Bank, Ltd," and as part of the partnership activities, Gifu University sought "Eco-Friendly Campaign" posters from the pupils and the students of Gifu University Faculty of Education-Affiliated Elementary School and Junior High School. The major objective of this campaign is to raise people's awareness of the environmental issues, and a lot of students sent their works to apply for the 7th Eco-Friendly Campaign Poster. After a rigorous screening, two golds, two silvers and seven bronze awards were announced at the award ceremony.
The followings were in attendance at the ceremony:
- Mr. Goto, Director of the Management and Administration Division of the Juroku Bank, Ltd.
- Mr. Okuda, Vice Director of Business and Administration Affairs Group, the Juroku Bank, Ltd.
- President Hisataka Moriwaki of Gifu University
- Mr. Masaki Yokoyama, Executive Director for General Affairs and Finance, Gifu University
- Mr. Sumoto, Principal of Gifu University Faculty of Education-Affiliated Elementary and Junior High Schools
- Mr. Kumazaki, Vice Principal of Gifu University Faculty of Education-Affiliated Elementary School
- Mr. Fuseya, Vice Principal of Gifu University Faculty of Education-Affiliated Junior High School
- Mr. Koji Aoki, Director of the Facility and Environmental Affairs Department, Gifu University
President Moriwaki handed out the award certificates to individual winners, and Mr. Goto gave small gifts to them. Later, President Moriwaki spoke to the students, "Please keep on working hard bearing it in mind that you are all responsible for protecting the environment and promoting environmentally-friendly activities at school, at home and communities." Mr. Goto followed him and stated, "I hope your strong wills to protect environment and engage in community activities will bring about lots of successful results in the near future." Lastly, Mr. Sumoto said, "Our school continues to carry out various projects and programs for conservation of environment and for our communities."
The posters of the winners are on display at the University Library and many local people already came to see them. The posters will also be on display at the Affiliated Elementary School and Junior High School.
It is our hope that this campaign will give people a chance to contemplate the environment, and will further expand into various eco-friendly activities.
- Internal links
- Original sites
- External links
- File links